Sentosa Island in Singapore stands out as a premier resort destination. This area boasts various resorts, hotels, and amusement parks, allowing visitors to enjoy the natural beauty of Singapore’s coastline. Approximately one-third of the entire island is designed as a resort.
‘3 Free Transportation Options on Sentosa Island, Singapore’
Sentosa Island offers diverse complimentary transportation options, notably the Monorail, Bus, and Beach Tram.
Free for travel within Sentosa Island; charges apply only when entering from the mainland. Connects to Vivo City at Sentosa Station during entry. The ride costs SGD 4 for entry at Sentosa Station, but if staying at a Sentosa hotel, it’s free, requiring proof of reservation.
- Monorail Stations:
- Sentosa (Connected to Vivo City at level 3)
- Waterfront (Connects to Resorts World Sentosa & Universal Studios)
- Imbiah (Features Tiger Sky Tower, Cable Car Station, and views of Merlion Statue)
- Beach (Terminus connecting to Siloso and Palawan Beaches)
- Operating Hours: 7:00 – 24:00
“Free Sentosa Buses”
These green buses circulate within Sentosa Island on three routes, all originating from Beach Station. The routes are numbered 1, 2, and 3.
- Sentosa Bus 1
- Interval: 10-15 minutes
- Operating hours: (Sun-Fri) 7:00 – 22:30 (Last bus 22:30) / (Sat) 7:00 – 24:00 (Last bus 24:00)
- Route: Beach Station – Imbiah Lookout – Siloso Point – Artillery Avenue – Resort World Sentosa – Merlion – Beach Station (Loop)
- Sentosa Bus 2
- Interval: 10-15 minutes
- Operating hours: 9:00 – 22:30 (Last bus 22:30)
- Route: Beach Station – Artillery Avenue – Resort World Sentosa – Merlion – Siloso Point – Imbiah Lookout – Beach Station (Loop)
- Sentosa Bus 3
- Interval: 30 minutes
- Operating hours: 8:00 – 22:30 (Last bus 22:30)
- Route: Beach Station – Artillery Avenue – Ranger Station – Serapong – W Singapore – Sentosa Cove Village – Serapong – Allanbrooke – Palawan Beach – Allanbrooke – Sentosa Golf Club – The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa – Pekel’s – Ranger Station – Merlion – Beach Station (Loop)
The Beach Tram is a coastal bus, distinguished by its pink color. Unlike regular buses, it operates along the coastline in an open format without windows.
You can find it at the Monorail “Beach” Station, and it operates on two routes. Depending on the route, you can visit Siloso Beach or Palawan Beach. Details are as follows.
- Frequency: Every 10 minutes
- Operating Hours: (Sun-Fri) 9:00 – 22:30 (Last tram at 22:00), (Sat) 9:00 – 24:00 (Last tram at 23:30)
- Route 1 (Towards Siloso): Siloso Point – Resorts World Sentosa – Siloso Beach Resort – Siloso Beach – Beach Station (Transfer Point)
- Route 2 (Towards Palawan): Beach Station (Transfer Point) – Port of Lost Wonder – Animal & Bird Encounter – Southern Most Point – Palawan Beach – The Singapore Resort & Spa Sentosa – Tanjong Beach
The free transportation options on Sentosa Island make it convenient and economical for internal travel.