Myeongdong Kalguksu Shabu Shabu is a franchise-operated restaurant. Thanks to this, it’s a place you can find in several locations. Their flagship menu items include kalguksu (hand-cut noodle soup), mandu (dumplings), shabu shabu, and jeongol (Korean hot pot).
This time, I had business near Seonjeongneung Station, so I visited the “Myeongdong Kalguksu Shabu Shabu Samsung Branch.”
“Seoul Seonjeongneung Station Restaurant: Myeongdong Kalguksu Shabu Shabu Samsung Branch”
The Myeongdong Kalguksu Shabu Shabu Samsung Branch is located near Seonjeongneung Station. Coming out of Exit 2 and walking down the slope, then turning left onto the side street, you can find it at the intersection. The sign is noticeable, making it easy to locate.
“Myeongdong Kalguksu Shabu Shabu Menu”
The menu includes various dishes such as kalguksu, mandu, gomtang (beef bone soup), yukgaejang (spicy beef soup), and more. Since it was lunchtime, I mainly looked at the menu options for a simple meal.
- Myeongdong Kalguksu: KRW 8,000
- Myeongdong King Mandu: KRW 8,000
- Smoked Pork Belly Set: KRW 10,000
- Rice Cake Manduguk, Tteokguk, Manduguk: KRW 8,000
- Dakgomtang (Chicken Gomtang): KRW 9,000
- Yukgaejang (Spicy Beef Soup): KRW 8,000
- Bibim Guksu (Spicy Mixed Noodles): KRW 8,000
- Chogyeguksu (Cold Noodles): KRW 9,000
- Well-being Naengkong Guksu (Cold Noodles with Vegetables): KRW 9,000
The interior of Myeongdong Kalguksu Shabu Shabu is clean and tidy. During lunchtime, it was quite crowded, and securing a seat wasn’t easy. However, fortunately, the store is not too narrow. After entering through the entrance, there were plenty of seats inside. This allowed us to have our meal without much waiting.
“Myeongdong Kalguksu: KRW 8,000”
On this day, I ordered a bowl of Myeongdong Kalguksu, priced at KRW 8,000. Considering the recent rise in prices, it was a reasonable level that didn’t feel too burdensome.
However, if there was any disappointment, it was in the quantity. I had expected a more generous serving of kalguksu, and apart from the noodles, I didn’t see much else in the bowl.
The kimchi was delicious. Tasting well-fermented kimchi along with the kalguksu was quite enjoyable.
This time, I only tried the most basic menu, kalguksu, so I was left with a slight sense of disappointment. However, I wonder if other menu items might be even better. Overall, it was a bit disappointing, but as a place to have a simple meal near Seonjeongneung Station, it might not be a bad option.
“Seoul Gangnam, Myeongdong Kalguksu Shabu Shabu Samsung Branch”
- Address: 1F, 13 Bongeunsa-ro 57-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Phone Number: 02-3478-0279
- Operating Hours: (Mon-Sat) 11:00 AM – 9:30 PM
- Closed on Sundays
- Website: https://mdccs.net