Located in Gyeonggi Province, Yangpyeong County is a convenient destination for a drive from Seoul. It’s a popular choice for weekend getaways for people living in Seoul or its outskirts, offering a refreshing break from the city’s hustle and bustle.
“Yangpyeong Station on the Gyeongui-Jungang Line, Near Yangpyeong Bus Terminal: Hong Table”
After a long time, I took a drive to Yangpyeong and it was time for a meal. In need of a simple lunch option nearby, I came across “Hong Table,” which seemed like a suitable choice.
Hong Table is conveniently located not far from Yangpyeong Station on the Gyeongui-Jungang Line, directly across from Yangpyeong Bus Terminal. It’s situated in the downtown area of Yangpyeong County.
“The Restaurant Offers Pasta, Steak, and Rice Dishes”
At Hong Table, you can find a variety of dishes including pasta, steak, and rice-based options. The prices range from KRW 10,000 to KRW 15,000 per serving, making it quite affordable. However, it’s worth noting that ordering spaghetti may cost a bit more.
- Handmade Sauce Rice: KRW 10,000
- Tenderloin Mushroom Rice: KRW 13,000
- Seafood Chili Rice: KRW 14,000
- Cream Rice with Octopus: KRW 14,000
- Handmade Pork Cutlet: KRW 10,000
- Tenderloin Steak: KRW 39,000
- Jjambbong Spaghetti: KRW 11,000
- Bacon Carbonara: KRW 14,000
- Shrimp Cream Spaghetti: KRW 15,000
- Seafood Tomato Spaghetti: KRW 14,000
- Shrimp Oil Spaghetti: KRW 14,000
- King Crab Cream Spaghetti: KRW 14,000
- Tomato Meat Sauce Spaghetti: KRW 13,000
“Two Rice Dishes and Two Pasta Dishes”
Since there were four of us, we had to order four dishes. We chose two rice dishes and two pasta dishes. We went for a variety, from the intriguing Jjambbong Pasta to dishes featuring shrimp. The slight differences in flavors made the meal enjoyable.
When you place an order, basic side dishes are provided. If you wish, you can visit the self-service bar in the corner of the restaurant to get more. When you open the rice cooker, you’ll find nostalgic cream soup that you can help yourself to. Of course, the items at the self-service bar are for self-use.
“Interior with a Snack Bar Vibe”
Despite being a restaurant that serves pasta and steak, the interior is not overly fancy. It gives off a vibe similar to the snack bars you’d find near a school. If you’re looking for a more casual and relaxed dining experience rather than a high-end restaurant ambiance, this place is a good choice for a casual meal or meeting.
“Yangpyeong, Pasta, Steak: Hong Table”
- Address: 90 Simin-ro, Yangpyeong-eup, Yangpyeong-gun, Gyeonggi Province
- Phone: 031-773-0807
- Closed on Mondays.