Located in Seoul’s Sangam at the “Digital Media City (DMC),” you can find a building called the “Advanced Industry Center.” Various organizations, including the Korea International Cultural Exchange Foundation, are housed in the Advanced Industry Center.
Within the building, you can also find the “Film Creation Space,” which is divided into various areas such as the Director’s Zone, Producer’s Zone, Screenwriter’s Zone, and Production Office. Among them, you can explore the “Director’s Zone” on the 2nd floor of the building.
“Sangam Advanced Industry Center: Film Creation Space”
The Film Creation Space is located on the 2nd floor of “DMC Advanced Media Center Building C.” It consists of various seminar rooms and workspaces. The main facilities include:
- Creation Rooms (18 rooms)
- Large and Small Seminar Rooms
- Dressing Rooms
Here is an official introduction to the Director’s Zone:
“Director’s Zone Introduction”
The Film Creation Space plays a central role in supporting directors, who are the creators of film art, and producers, who are the leaders in film industry management. It also expands its scope to encompass support for production stages and stable management of small and medium-sized production companies. A one-stop support system has been established for both planning and development and production processes.
Located within the rapidly emerging Sangam DMC Complex, just 20 minutes from downtown Seoul (Hongdae, Sinchon, etc.), it offers a free and open environment for work, accessible 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, providing a user-centric and comfortable working environment.
- Film Creation Space: https://seoulfc.or.kr/CreateRoomInfo/DirectorZone/
- Facility Provision for Creation Space
- Free Deposit and Rent (100% supported by the Seoul Metropolitan Government)
- Planning and Development Support (KRW 7 million per project), Partial Support for Independent Film Production Costs, One-stop Support Details
- Creation Support Programs (Material Lectures and Mentoring Support)
- Priority for Leasing Production Office Space, One-stop Support Details
“Exploring the 2nd Floor”
In the center of the 2nd floor’s Director’s Zone, you’ll find a seminar room, and as you enter through the corridor entrance, you’ll notice statues of two people engaged in a film shoot.
Further along the corridor, you’ll encounter works created through the Film Creation Support Program on display. On one side, you can find a lounge and dressing rooms that can be used as a shared space.
In addition, the Sangam Advanced Industry Center seems to provide various opportunities and support for various resident companies. If you’re interested, it might be a good idea to take a tour of the entire center.
“Seoul Sangam, DMC Advanced Industry Center”
- Address: 330 Sangam-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Website: https://www.sba.seoul.kr/#business03