A woman walking up the stairs at Katsuo-ji Temple
Katsuō-ji (勝尾寺, Katsuō-ji) is a Buddhist temple in Minō city, north of Osaka, Japan.
According to an English language brochure given out at the temple, the site was first occupied late in the Nara period by two priests, Zenchū and Zensan. The Miroku-ji temple was erected in 765 CE. The name “Katsuō-ji” was given by the Emperor Seiwa. The temple was burned in 1184 CE. The present Main Hall and Temple Gate were rebuilt by Hideyori Toyotomi.
Katsuō-ji is the 23rd temple in the Kansai Kannon Pilgrimage.
“Katsuo-ji, Osaka, Japan”
- Address : 2914-1 Aomatani, Minoo, Osaka 562-0021, Japan
- Opening Hours : (Mon-Fri) 8:00 – 17:00 / (Sat) 8:00 – 17:30 / (Sun) 8:00 – 18:00
- Phone Number : +81727217010
- Website : http://www.katsuo-ji-temple.or.jp/en/